This spectacular day out to discover the Black Forest farms and Kaiserstuhl vineyard will give you a good overview of nearby Germany. Discover incredible landscapes, the famous Black Forest farms, cross the Kaiserstuhl vineyards and taste a good local wine.
The Black Forest farms and Kaiserstuhl vineyard tour will first take us to the Rhine river near Breisach-am-Rhein. After that we will cross the plain on the German side, a land of plenty where everything grows thanks to a land fertilised by the river Rhine for millennia. Soon the first vineyards will be in sight, at the foot of the mountain. We have chosen to voluntarily leave aside the big city of Freiburg to discover its hinterland and go up to the high Black Forest where we will have lunch and have the opportunity to taste the famous kirsch cake!.
Then our route will meander on the heights, in the landscape so characteristic of the monumental and traditional mountain farms.
Finally, we will descend to the small volcanic and wine-growing massif of Kaiserstuhl, known for its beautiful terraced vineyards. In conclusion and before crossing the Rhine again towards Alsace, we will make a final stop to taste a local biodynamic wine.
Type of visit
Reserve your participation on the calendar.
Collective visit : you (and yours) join a group of 4 to 6 people. You are therefore given the opportunity, on the sidelines of the visit, to meet and discuss with other visitors to the region. The day of the outing is defined in advance.
Privatize the vehicle : whether you are alone, as a couple or in a small group (6 people max.), you can choose a private visit and thus have a guide for you alone! You can do this day-out, depending on availability, on the day of your choice
Departure from Riquewihr and Colmar
Black Forest farms and Kaiserstuhl vineyard in Germany: program of the day.
- Departure Riquewihr at 08:30 sharp or Colmar 09:00. Details to reach the meeting point will be given after your booking is confirmed.
- Driving Eastwards we will reach the impressive Rhine river and discover how it shaped the destiny of the whole Upper Rhine region.
- Lunch will be in the Black Forest surrounded with breathtaking landscapes. Do not miss the opportunity to taste the famous local cake: the “Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte” (Yum!)
- Then we will drive through the heights populated with the traditional Black Forest farms.
- Finally, on our way back we will discover the Kaiserstuhl hills and its spectacular terraced vineyards. Of course we will then enjoy a local wine.
- We should be back to Colmar at 19:30 and Riquewihr at 20:00
- This Day Out is suitable for all public.
- Transportation in a confortable 8 seater minivan
- Guide explanations and comments during the day out
- Wine tasting
- Your personal lunch and drinks
- All the extra things you could buy during the day (souvenirs, wine …)
This is what our clients say about this guided tour …
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Post your own personal review
If you have participated in this experience be welcome to post your personal review here …