This spectacular private day tour to the Vosges mountains and vineyard will give you a good overview of the traditions and delicacies on the countryside and in the Vosges mountains.
With this day tour to the Vosges mountains you will learn how to produce munster cheese, enjoy breathtaking landscapes and in addition view beautiful traditional timber-framed Alsatian houses. Last but not least, you will visit a small family mountain wine estate producing world-class wines.
A scenic drive through the vineyards will take you to the typical valley of Munster. You will understand how the farmers produce their famous cheese. Lunch will be at a traditional mountain farm inn in the mountain where the cows are grazing. In addition you will try the cheese made on site with the milk of their own cows.
After that we will cross the mountain to the Living Museum of Alsace to understand the traditional Alsatian way of life as it used to be decades ago.
In conclusion we will visit the last mountain vineyard.
Type of visit
Reserve your participation on the calendar.
Collective visit : you (and yours) join a group of 4 to 6 people. You are therefore given the opportunity, on the sidelines of the visit, to meet and discuss with other visitors to the region. The day of the outing is defined in advance.
Privatize the vehicle : whether you are alone, as a couple or in a small group (6 people max.), you can choose a private visit and thus have a guide for you alone! You can do this day-out, depending on availability, on the day of your choice
Departure from Riquewihr and Colmar
Day tour to the Vosges mountains and vineyard
Program of the day.
- Departure Riquewihr at 08:30 sharp or Colmar 09:00. Details to reach the meeting point will be given after your booking is confirmed.
- A scenic drive through the vineyards will take you to the typical valley of Munster. At the House for Munster Cheese you will understand how the farmers produce their famous cheese.
- Lunch will be at a traditional mountain farm inn in the mountain where the cows are grazing. You will try the cheese made on site with the milk of their own cows.
- Then we will cross the mountain to the Living Museum of Alsace to understand the traditional Alsatian way of life as it used to be decades ago.
- Finally we will visit the last mountain vineyard and a small family mountain wine estate producing world-class wines.
- We should be back to Riquewihr at 19:00
- This Day Out is suitable for all public.
What is included and not.
- Transportation in a confortable 8 seater minivan
- Guide explanation during the day out
- Munster Cheese Museum Ticket
- Alsatian living museum ticket
- Wine Estate visit and tasting
- Your personal lunch and drinks
- All the extra things you could buy during the day (souvenirs, wine …)
This is what our clients say about this private guided tour …
A perfect day of discovery!
So much happens on the tour, it’s hard to describe it all! We started just outside our lodging in Riquewihr, comfortable, spacious van to vineyards around Turckheim with a stop for fresh croissants, coffee, tea and stories of legends. Then to a special patisserie with a world wide following for its jams, and then to the Munster cheesemaking museum, which I really enjoyed. Then up into the mountains for views and an amazing story about American and Canadian huskies and their arrival in the Vosges Mountains and their role in the French army for WW1. (Story just released a couple of years ago by the French government).
Lunch with a view at a working farmhouse/restaurant with paragliders taking off above the terrace. Delicious food and wine, and my first munster cheese ( which wasn’t stinky at all!).
Then down to the Ecomuseum of Alsace, enjoyable couple hours looking and learning. But not done yet- back up the valley to a winery for very, very good, classic Alsatian wines. It was really a wonderful day, and I hope to do it again.
Post your own personal review
If you have participated in this experience be welcome to post your personal review here …
Other day tours for the summer and fall
- World War 1 in the Vosges mountains
- Black Forest and Kaiserstuhl vineyard in Germany
- Gems of the southern Alsace vineyards
Other useful links