We start with the Christmas market of Strasbourg. After that we are heading to Baden-Baden and Gengenbach in Germany. In other words, a full day of a magical and colourful experience.
Strasbourg Christmas Market dates back to the year 1470. In other words it is not a recent event just for tourists. That is to say it was already a local institution long before its world wide fame! After Strasbourg we will head north and cross the river Rhine to visit Baden-Baden Christmas Market in Germany. Baden-Baden is a European well-known little town for luxury. The beauty of the chalets at the Christmas market are worthy of the reputation of this prestigious spa town.
Finally we will end this beautiful day out with the giant Advent calendar of the little timber-framed city Gengenbach. In this historical town, the city hall is decorated as a Christmas Calendar.
Christmas Market Strasbourg, Baden-Baden & Gengenbach in Germany
Program of the day.
- We will arrive in Strasbourg ahead of the opening of the Christmas Market and take you to picturesque places in this wonderful city.
- Lunch is at a beautiful tavern very close to the Christmas market of Baden-Baden.
- After lunch we will enjoy the fairy tale Christmas market until before sunset.
- At nightfall we will arrive in the little medieval German city of Gengenbach. The highlight of the local Christmas market is the historical town hall decorated as a giant Advent calendar.
- Finally we should be back in Riquewihr before 20:00
What is INCLUDED?
- Morning coffee / tea and croissant.
- Transportation in a luxury minivan equipped for safe winter journeys.
- City parking fees.
- Guidance and advice during all the tour.
- Lunch and other drinks.
- Personal purchases.
This is what our clients say about this guided tour …
What a Wonderful Day
Three couples were fortunate to visit Strasbourg, Baden-Baden and Gengenbach on the first day of our Christmas Market Adventure. Jean-Paul and Pierre were magnificent guides, enthusiasts, and translators. No worries with traffic as they took care of the little things so that the day is filled with all the joys of attending the markets. The beauty of the Strasbourg Cathedral was so much more appreciated with Jean-Paul’s knowledge and no worries for safety with Pierre’s good driving. Baden-Baden was marvelous. Such unique Christmas market items and the atmosphere had all senses alive. Gengenbach by evening was forever memorable and exciting. Both Jean-Paul and Pierre made sure that we all were able to fully enjoy the atmosphere, cuisine, culture and ambiance that the Christmas season offers. We cannot wait to return and would not hesitate to have Jean-Paul and Pierre as our guides. They know where to take you and remove all the hassles and worries of travel. You won’t be disappointed !
Post your own personal review
If you have participated in this experience be welcome to post your personal review here …