Introduction to wildlife photography. Photo trip in Alsace and the Vosges. 5 days.
Book your Trip
Do you like photography, animals, beautiful landscapes and nature? Do you want to learn about wildlife photography without going to the other side of the world? Then this photo trip in Alsace and the Vosges is made for you. Come spend a few days with us for an introduction to wildlife photography.
This initiation to animal photography is open to all.
Whether you are a beginner with the desire to take your first wildlife images or a more experienced photographer, this photo trip will be a great experience. However, it is impossible for us to be the equivalent of operating your camera. You still need to know the basic settings of your hardware. But Jean-Paul will be with you in the field to give you all his good advice.
So as not to accumulate difficulties from the start, you will do your first animal portraits in an animal park. So you can concentrate on observing our animal friends and using your camera equipment. Finally, with our guide, you will meet the wildlife.
During this trip in contact with animals, several additional photo themes will be discussed. Composition and portrait photo, landscape photo, low light photo, post-processing will be on the agenda. So many notions that will be very useful, whatever the subjects photographed.
During photo shoot outings, Jean-Paul will take you to his best spots to save you precious time and get to the point.
- All types of cameras are suitable as long as you know how to use them. The guide cannot be used as a manual for your camera. It is up to you to know how to implement the basic settings on your equipment, but Jean-Paul will be with you in the field to give you his good advice.
- Focal lengths ranging from wide angle to telephoto. Ideally, a wide angle lens + a zoom or telephoto lens. If you have any doubts about your equipment, contact us.
- Memory cards + additional batteries.
- Your computer for post-processing.
- Warm and water resistant clothing (we will have to go out early in the morning or in the evening and the rain may be present).
- Hiking shoes (sneakers are not enough).
- Backpack for your equipment. You don’t need to be in Olympic form, but it will still take a bit of walking to get to the venue.
Photo Trip “Initiation to wildlife photography”. In the program…
- Reception in Riquewihr between 11:00 and 12:00
- Presentation of guides and explanation of the course of the photo trip
- First photo trip. Portraits of monkeys in semi-freedom.
- Post-processing of images.
- Photo morning in an animal park.
- Post-processing of the morning images.
- End of the afternoon at the top of the mountain and discover the landscapes and chamois of the Vosges. Briefing during the transfer.
- Departure at the end of the night to be at sunrise at the top of the mountain and discover the landscapes and chamois of the Vosges. Return to Riquewihr at the end of the morning.
- Post-processing of mountain images.
- End of the afternoon in an animal park. Post-processing of images.
- Departure at the end of the night to be at sunrise at the top of the mountain and discover the landscapes and chamois of the Vosges. Briefing during the transfer. If the weather permits, we will stay in nature all day and will be back in Riquewihr in the evening.
- Synthesis of the post-processing of the images of the stay.
- Conclusion of the stay before lunch
- Last meal together for those who wish it before departure
INCLUDED in the price and not
Included in the price
- Photo support on sites and experience sharing by Jean-Paul.
- Image post-processing sessions.
- Transfers in our comfortable air-conditioned 8-seater minibus. Mask and hydro-alcoholic gel provided. Disinfected vehicle.
- Entrances to animal parks.
NOT INCLUDED in the price
- Your return trip to Riquewihr, Alsace.
- Accommodation which must be reserved and paid for directly with the host of your choice. We recommend the Remparts de Riquewihr where the image post-processing sessions will be held.
- Your meals and drinks. Everyone pays for their meals and drinks. There is no mandatory menu, you can take what you prefer.
- Additional things you might buy during the day (souvenirs, wine).
You can book the accommodation of your choice. However, a good option is to stay at the Remparts de Riquewihr gîtes. Indeed, it is convenient to accommodate directly at the place of departure and return expeditions, post-processing sessions and briefings. You won’t waste time either in the morning or in the evening. Different levels of accommodation are offered. For example:
- Single room in apartment with shared bathroom (EUR 79 / night)
- Individual studio (EUR 103 / night)
- Single superior apartment (EUR 158 / night)
The reservation of your accommodation must be made independently of that of the photo trip.
If you choose the Remparts de Riquewihr, get in touch with the host by filling out a contact form and indicating that you are participating in our course in the comments section.
This is what our clients say about this photo Trip…
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Post your own personal review
If you have participated in this experience be welcome to post your personal review here…